IOWA CITY, Iowa — University of Iowa men’s basketball junior Kris Murray has been voted third team All-America by the Associated Press and United States Basketball Writers Association’s (USBWA).
Both outlets are used by the NCAA to determine its consensus All-America teams (Associated Press, National Association of Basketball Coaches, USBWA, and Sporting News). Murray has been recognized on third team by three of the four outlets, with the NABC’s announcement coming later this month.
Murray, who is a semifinalist for the Wooden, Oscar Robertson and Lute Olson national player of the year awards and a finalist for the Karl Malone Award, was last week recognized as a third team All-American by Sporting News and a first-team All-Big Ten honoree.
Murray is averaging a team-best 20.4 points and 7.9 rebounds per outing. He is the only Division I player to average 20+ points, 7.5+ rebounds, one block, and have made 60+ 3-pointers this season.
The Cedar Rapids, Iowa, native has scored 30+ points four times this season, 25+ points nine times, and 20+ points 15 times.
Murray and the Hawkeyes (19-13) return to action on Thursday in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. The game will be televised nationally on TNT and broadcast on the Hawkeye Radio Network.
2023 KRIS MURRAY HONORS
• Sporting News Third Team All-America
• Associated Press Third Team All-America
• USBWA Third Team All-America
• All-Big Ten First Team honoree (unanimous by media)
• Associated Press All-Big Ten First Team selection
• John R. Wooden Award National Ballot (Semifinalist)
• Naismith Player of the Year Trophy Semifinalist
• Lute Olson National Player of the Year Finalist
• Karl Malone Power Forward of the Year Finalist
• NABC First Team All-District 7
• USBWA All-District VI
• Naismith Midseason All-America Team
• Emerald Coast Classic All-Tournament Team
• ESPN National Player of the Week (Dec. 5)
• Big Ten Co-Player of the Week (Dec. 5)