MANHATTAN, Kan. – The Iowa women’s basketball team fell in a nail-bitter, 84-83, against Kansas State on Thursday night inside Bramlage Coliseum.
All-American Caitlin Clark tallied her fourth 20 or more-point game, scoring 27 points and pulling down 10 rebounds to record her 28th career and a second double-double of the season. Monika Czinano and McKenna Warnock ended in double figures, scoring 16 and 12 points, respectively.
Iowa got off to a hot start with a 12-2 lead in the first quarter, which carried into halftime, keeping a four-point lead.
For the second game in a row, the second half was a back-and-forth battle. Iowa managed to stay on top going into the final 10 minutes with a, 68-63, lead after Molly Davis bucket at the end of the third. Kansas State was able to knock down pressure free throws in the fourth to take a one-point lead with 3.8 seconds left and keep it.
· All-American Caitlin Clark recorded her 28th career double-double with 27 points and 10 rebounds. It’s her second double-double of the season.
· Clark has scored 20 or more points in four straight contests.
· Clark broke the arena record for most free throw attempts made with 13.
· Monika Czinano ranks fifth all-time on the career scoring list at Iowa with 1,850 points.
· Clark ranks eighth all-time on the career scoring list at Iowa with 1,763 points.
· Clark and Czinano have both reached double figures in all four games this season.
· McKenna Warnock has registered double figures in three out of four games this season.
· Iowa’s 83 points is the most Kansas State’s defense has given up this season.
· The fourth-ranked Hawkeyes were the highest-ranked Big Ten team to have ever played the Wildcats.
· Warnock ranks tied for 20th all-time on the career rebounds list at Iowa with 570. Czinano moved up to 21st all-time with 566 career rebounds.
The fourth-ranked Hawkeyes return to action on Nov. 20, when they host Belmont at Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Tipoff is scheduled for 2:01 p.m. (CT). The game will broadcast on BTN+ and on the Hawkeye Radio Network.