CHAMPAIGN, Ill. – The nationally ranked Iowa women’s basketball team fell to Illinois, 90-86, Sunday afternoon inside the State Farm Center.
All-American Cailtin Clark finished with a team-high 32 points and seven assists. She scored 16 of her points in the fourth quarter, going 4-for-5 from behind the arc.
Monica Czinano finished with 24 points and six rebounds, and McKenna Warnock ended with 17 points and six rebounds.
After trailing at half, 44-33, the Hawkeyes shot 57 percent from the three, going four of seven to outscore the Fighting Illini in the third quarter.
Iowa got within one in the fourth after Clark swished a three, but Illinois was able to hold the lead and give the Hawkeyes its first Big Ten loss.
- Illinois (13-2, 3-1) dropped No. 10/12 Iowa (11-4, 3-1), 90-86, inside the State Farm Center on Sunday afternoon.
- All-American Caitlin Clark scored 20 or more points for the 14th time this season and fourth time with 30 or more.
- Clark is now third on the all-time scoring list at Iowa, surpassing Cindy Haugejorde (1976-80).
- Clark also passed Jamie Printy (2010-13) for third in all-time 3-pointers made.
- Monika Czinano notched her sixth 20-point game this year.
- Clark has netted a 3-point basket in 34 straight games. She has hit at least one 3-pointer in 75 career games.
- McKenna Warnock is 9 of 14 from 3-point range over the last three games.
- The loss snapped Iowa’s seven game win streak against the Fighting Illini.
Make sure to follow Iowa women’s basketball on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook (@IowaWBB) for news and updates all season long.
The nationally ranked Hawkeyes are set to travel to No. 14 Michigan on Jan. 7. Tip-off in Ann Arbor is set for 3:30 p.m. (CT) inside the Crisler Center. The game will broadcast on FOX and the Hawkeye Radio Network.